Incite: BC and Yukon Book Prizes
Presented in partnership with Vancouver Public Library and TELUS.
It’s award season in BC! Join us on Wednesday, June 1st at 7pm for a celebratory night with six of the 2022 BC and Yukon Book Prize finalists from five prestigious award categories. Moderated by Megan Cole, the Prize’s Director of Programming and Communications, this much-anticipated panel will feature:
- Iona Whishaw, nominated for the Bill Duthie Booksellers’ Choice Award for A Lethal Lesson: A Lane Winslow Mystery (TouchWood Editions)
- Henry Doyle, nominated for the Dorothy Livesay Poetry Prize for No Shelter (Anvil Press)
- Cedar Bowers, nominated for the Ethel Wilson Fiction Prize for Astra (McClelland & Stewart | Penguin Random House Canada)
- Nicola I. Campbell, nominated for the Jim Deva Prize for Writing That Provokes for Spíləx̣m: A Weaving of Recovery, Resilience, and Resurgence (Highwater Press)
- Karen Duffek and kwəskwestən, nominated for the Roderick Haig-Brown Regional Prize for Where the Power Is (Figure 1 Publishing)
This event will feature the finalists reading from their books, as well as an audience Q&A. The finalists will be announced at a gala in Vancouver on September 24.
Incite events are free and open to the public, but an RSVP is required. Books will be on sale at the event from our official bookseller, Black Bond Books/Book Warehouse.
This event can be attended in-person or online. At checkout, we will ask you if you plan to join us online or in-person.
The Vancouver Writers Fest encourages patrons to wear face masks at its events. While not currently mandated by the BC health authority, face masks continue to offer assurance and safety for many of the communities the VWF serves. We thank you for your understanding and consideration.